The first edition of the international conference on Sustainable Agriculture Biostimulants and Biopesticides will take place in Ghent, Belgium from Tuesday 20th September until 22nd September 2022.
The conference aims to bring together academics, industry, regulatory experts, and policy makers with an interest in plant biostimulants and biopesticides. The conference will focus on non-microbial biostimulant and biopesticide state of the art research. The main topics of the conference are novel Biostimulants and Biopesticides, progress in the mode of action, bioactive ingredients, plant stress, immune response. A workshop on the 22nd of September will give a forum to discuss the implementation, social issues, and agricultural policy around biostimulants and biopesticides. The 22nd there will be an opportunity to visit a 6000 square
meter rooftop greenhouse research facility or the Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech research facility.
Confirmed keynote speakers
- Patrick Brown, UC Davis, USA
- Uwe Conrath, Aachen University, Germany
- Vassilis Fotopoulos, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Giuseppe Colla, University of Tuscia, Italy
- Kris Audenaert, Ghent University, Belgium
- Pierre Van Cutsem, Université de Namur, Belgium
- Corina Vlot-Schuster, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Shane O’Connell, Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Federica Locci, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding and Research, Germany
The conference will be held in Block E, a recently built auditorium with space for 350 participants. It is located at the Campus Coupure, Bioscience Engineering Coupure links, 653, 9000 Gent. The site is along a canal in the city of Ghent, with a historic and vibrant center at walking distance.
- Biostimulants and biopesticides
- Development and mode of action
- Plant stress and immune response
- Submission deadline: 15th June
- Oral speaker selection: 1st July
A maximum of 350 attendees following a first come policy. Early registration is the best approach to ensure participation!
- PhD students: 250€
- Academics: 300€
- Industry 400€
The registration fee includes access to the premises, drinks, and lunch (catering). Participation to the greenhouse or research station visit requires a separate fee (125 Euro)
Companies are offered the opportunity to advertise and get access of personnel following the sponsoring scheme, bronze, silver, or gold.
To support the attendance of students with limited financial support we offer 10 PhD STUDENTS FREE REGISTRATION based on abstract content and equal opportunity.