We are delighted to extend an exclusive invitation to the Bioeconomy Innovation Day, a groundbreaking event taking place on Thursday, 16 November 2023, from 9:00 to 18:00 (CET) in Brussels, at the Marriott Hotel Grand Place.
Organised jointly by EPNOE, Treesearch, FinnCERES Flagship and B2BE Facilitator, this event is a perfect opportunity to bring together key innovators, policy-makers, researchers, and funding agencies to explore the importance of the bioeconomy innovations in fostering resource efficiency, resilience, and value creation across Europe.
We are convinced that the contribution of different stakeholders is necessary to create positive and tangible impact, and your commitment to advancing science and sustainability makes you a pivotal part of this journey!
Together, we aim to dive deep into the transformative power of bioeconomy, charting a course towards an eco-conscious future while revealing the latest developments in cutting-edge circular bio-based innovations.
Please see hereafter the full agenda:
Session 1: Innovation & Value Creation in Europe
- 9:30 – Antonio Pantaleo – EIC Programme Manager for energy systems and green technologies, European Innovation Council: ”European Innovation Council funding
programmes and start-ups supported in the area of bioeconomy”
- 9:50 – Nicola Dotti – Senior Policy Officer, Science Europe: ”Research policymaking in the European research area”
- 10:10 – Jim Philp – Science and Technology Policy Analyst, OECD: “Public investment needs from design to scale-up in the area of bioeconomy“
- 10:30 – Aleksanteri Tuomainen – Investment Director, Taaleri Bioindustry: “Supporting innovation: viewpoint of venture capital investor”
- 10:50 – Moderated discussion with the speakers
11:10 – Coffee/tea break
Session 2: Strategies to advancing resource efficiency and green transition in Europe
- 11:40 – Adrian Leip – Bioeconomy Head of Sector at European Commission, DG RTD: ”EU Bioeconomy Strategy”
- 12:00 – Tatu Torniainen – Leading Expert at The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra: ”Strategies to advancing resource efficiency and green transition in Europe”
- 12:20 – Dr. Eva-Kathrin Schillinger – European Chemical Industry Council: “Advanced Materials Initiative”
- 12:40 – Moderated discussion with the speakers
13:00 – Lunch break
14:00 – Session 3: Presentations of EPNOE Association, FinnCERES, Treesearch, B2BE
- EPNOE Research Roadmap 2040: ”Advanced Strategies for Exploiting the Vast Potential of Polysaccharides as Renewable Bioresources”
- FinnCERES Flagship: ”Research Accelerating the Bio-Based Material Revolution”
- Treesearch: ”Collaboration on the research on materials from the forest”
- B2BE Facilitator: ”What it means to be the matchmaker in the Flemish bioeconomy”
14:40 – Session 4: Industry Bioeconomy Showcases
- ExpandFibre Ecosystem
- Tetra Pak
- Moderated discussion with the speakers
16:00 – 18:00 – Session 5: Exhibition & Cocktail Reception
Showcase of new bio-based products, prototypes and innovations from the industry and academia.
For more information, kindly refer to this webpage.
We kindly invite you to register via this form, by 1 November.